- Coming into a dark, deserted department store is really creepy. You start to think maybe that mannequin over there IS a real person.
- I thought it would be a little like Claire Danes in Shopgirl. It’s really more like “Cleanup on aisle 3.”
- Standing on your feet for 8 hours a day is hard. Even in good shoes.
- No one ever tells you when (like today for instance) it’s “bring your bitch to the department store” day. It kinda makes you never want to go back.
- Any department that doesn’t have dressing rooms to clean is a GOOD department.
- Unfortunately we simply cannot stock every item in every color, shape and size at every time. I’m sorry this is inconvenient for the customer, but yelling at us and telling us how much we suck doesn’t really change that I can’t magically make the item apparate at will.
- Some days, when I’m opening store credit card accounts for people I feel like I am just further damaging this crappy economy. Multiply that by 10 if it’s for a college student.
- Some co-workers are nice, helpful and willing to answer questions. I am continually thankful for them.
- Many aren’t. May they be transferred to a department with dressing rooms.
09 Jan 2009 1 Comment