Some friends of ours are expecting their first child soon and after harassing them to find out what it would be (boy or girl), I decided I need to knit something special. But I can’t seem to do anything simply, if you know what I mean.
I had a few balls of this in my stash that I thought I would use up:
But as the days went by and I hadn’t started knitting, I had to admit that I wasn’t super excited about knitting a cotton candy pink blanket, even though it is for a girl. Rather, what I realized is that I’m kind of spoiled by all the lovely hand dyed yarns I work with and this yarn just seemed SO flat to me. So I got a harebrained idea. One that involved a lot of Kool-Aid
After an hour or two of soaking, cooking, cooling and waiting I ended up with something that I affectionately call “Cherry Bomb.”
I was thrilled with the makeover. The photos just don’t do it justice, but what I got was a subtle semi-solid with cherries and pinks and all of the depth I was looking for. It took me a couple of weeks, but I knit it up and photographed it this evening.
Now all that remains is wrapping it up for the shower, and then welcoming the little girl herself!